A designated fund makes it easy for you to support the causes and organizations that you are passionate about. Funds can be used for general operations or for a specific program(s). The donor will select the specific nonprofit organizations at the time the fund is started as well as determine the frequency of the donation.
Why Open a Designated Fund at the Merrick Foundation?
1) Donate on your timeline: We accept a variety of asset types, in addition to being able to donate monthly, quarterly or on a timeline of your choice.
2) Tax savings: You are immediately eligible for a tax deduction with your contribution to a designated fund. Required minimum distributions can also be rolled over to Merrick Foundation via a qualified charitable distribution.
3) Leverage expertise: We manage the fund, along with our team of professional investors, so you enjoy the benefits of giving without the daily, weekly or monthly hassle of managing it.
4) Local support: You are investing in and helping our county now and into the future.
5) You choose the nonprofit: When the fund agreement is set up, you can determine which nonprofit organizations will receive routine distributions from your fund now and into the future. All of the details are the donor's choice: the frequency, the amount, and who will benefit.
To establish a designated fund, please contact us at (308) 946-3707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.