A designated fund makes it easy for you to support the causes and organizations that you are passionate about. Funds can be used for general operations or for a specific program(s). The donor will select the specific nonprofit organizations at the time the fund is started as well as determine the frequency of the donation.
Why Open a Designated Fund at the Merrick Foundation?
1) Donate on your timeline: We accept a variety of asset types, in addition to being able to donate monthly, quarterly or on a timeline of your choice.
2) Tax Savings: You are immediately eligible for a tax deduction with your contribution to a designated fund. Required minimum distributions can also be rolled over to the Merrick Foundation via a qualified charitable distribution.
3) Leverage Expertise: We manage the fund, along with our team of professional investors, so you enjoy the benefits of giving without the daily, weekly or monthly hassle of managing it.
4) Local Support: You are investing in and helping our community now and into the future.
5) You choose the charity(ies). When the fund agreement is set-up, you can determine which non-profit organizations will receive routine distributions from your fund now and into the future. All of the details are the donor's choice: the frequency, the amount and who will benefit.