Making A Life Changing Gift.
The Merrick Foundation is honored to partner with donors and families in order to administer scholarships each year. In April of 2019, we were able to successfully award 202 scholarships totaling $135,450.
Scholarships can be established in honor or in memory of a family member or friend, or you can name the fund after a cause or issue you are passionate about. After the purpose and name of the fund is determined, donors are encouraged to develop selection criteria for the scholarship committee to work from.
The Merrick Foundation does visit with area students in the Fall of each year so that the scholarships as well as the process can be explained. Donors are also invited to our Scholarship Tea each year so that they may personally award their scholarship to the selected student.
Why Open a Scholarship Fund at the the Merrick Foundation?
1) Donate on your timeline: We accept a variety of asset types, in addition to being able to donate monthly, quarterly or on a timeline of your choice.
2) Tax Savings: You are immediately eligible for a tax deduction with your contribution to a scholarship fund. Required minimum distributions can also be rolled over to the Merrick Foundation via a qualified charitable distribution.
3) Leverage Expertise: We manage the fund, along with our team of professional investors, so you enjoy the benefits of giving without the daily, weekly or monthly hassle of managing it.
4) Local Support: You are investing in and helping our community now and into the future.
5) Create a Legacy: Scholarship funds allow donors to invest in the community’s future and help deserving students achieve their dreams. It's also an incredible way to memorialize someone who has made an impact on your life, or honor someone still living.