Field of Interest Funds
A field of interest fund allows you to direct the income from your fund to a program area you care about rather than restrict it to a specific organization. Whether it's supporting music and the arts, providing support to low-income families, ensuring we have access to quality medical care or helping to preserve the environment, the opportunities are endless.
When the fund is set up - and as often as you would like moving forward - we will work to establish the criteria for the competitive grant making process. This is an amazing way to create a highly personal and permanent charitable legacy, while being flexible enough to fund a variety of recipients.
Why Open a Designated Fund at the Merrick Foundation?
1) Donate on your timeline: We accept a variety of asset types, in addition to being able to donate monthly, quarterly or on a timeline of your choice.
2) Tax savings: You are immediately eligible for a tax deduction with your contribution to a field of interest fund. Required minimum distributions can also be rolled over to the Merrick Foundation via a qualified charitable distribution.
3) Leverage expertise: We manage the fund, along with our team of professional investors, so you enjoy the benefits of giving without the daily, weekly or monthly hassle of managing it.
4) Local support: You are investing in and helping our community now and into the future.
5) You choose the program area. Field of interest funds are flexible enough to meet changing community needs in specific interest areas.